Sat Oct. 14 & Sun Oct 15, 2017
10 am to 5 PM (both days)
As always: Free Admission to our Annual Hawaii Mineral Show – All are Welcome
Our room full of minerals and gem stones is on the Second Floor in the Leahi Room, or the “Upper Lobby” at the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort*.
This is the only annual October mineral show in Hawaii‘i, with minerals and gems stones in one location. The show will feature unique educational displays of Rocks, Minerals, and Fossils as well as items for sale by our members. Featured items include: Hawaiian Minerals, Agate Geodes, Amethyst, Celestite, Dioptase, Fossils, Faceted Gemstones, Fine Jewelry, Fluorescent Minerals, Herkimer Diamonds, Meteorites, Lapidary Minerals, Opals, Pyrite, Quartz crystals, Rhodochrosite, Ruby, Shark teeth, Trilobites, Topaz, Tourmaline Zircon and many other beautiful minerals. The Society is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to mineralogy and the lapidary arts. Our members can also help identify fossil and mineral specimens for the public.
Please note that some club members may not in a position to accept credit cards. Please plan accordingly. This changes rapidly as smart phone become more common and some of us are happy to take credit cards…
For more information about the show, or an email reminder as the show dates gets closer, please email us at: contact
Now the tricky part: Finding us…
Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort
2335 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815-2941
- “Duke’s” on the beach level, is in the same building/hotel. PLEASE make sure you read the directions below.
- “Duke’s” might be the place you know, located in the Waikiki Outrigger on the Beach Hotel at 2335 Kalakaua Ave. in Honolulu, Hawai‘i.
- Across the street from the ‘International Marketplace’.
- Leahi Room or the (upper) lobby of the hotel is on the left on the way to ‘Chucks Steak House’ or ‘Blue Note’
Finding our room full of minerals:
To get to the upper lobby: Please take the escalator next to ‘Seattle’s Best Coffee’ mauka (on the street side) of the building. If the wind allows there will be a sign standing next to the escalator (but in the past it has been blown over often by the strong trade winds…) *
* The Waikiki Outrigger Beach Resort is located at the diamond head side of Waikiki, very close to the Moana Surfrider. It is one of the last buildings on the makai (ocean) side of Kalakaua Avenue. For Directions click the hotel’s website. Parking in Waikiki is always tricky, but the Honolulu Zoo or Kalakaua Avenue along Queen’s beach provides metered parking on the mauka side, but the parking fee just went up quite a bit. Please not that we are NOT in the Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort!
Some years the hotel allows parking and validates it sometimes not, just to let you know. The makai (ocean) side of Kalakau Ave, still has free parking. Please remember that along Kalakaua Avenue and the Zoo meters need to be fed on Sunday too (frequent meter checks and tickets issued have been spotted). Waikiki side streets still have free parking on Sundays, if you are lucky enough to find a spot.
FaceBook Events page